Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
A water loss can be very devastating to your home or business, and can stress out a homeowner or facility manager even more if they don't know how to react to the situation. Timing is everything and the need for an immediate call to action can be the difference between a minimal loss and a huge disaster. The sooner our SERVPRO of North Coast team can get to your property to assess the situation, the sooner the loss can be mitigated. No matter the size, a water loss can always turn into being very severe if not mitigated properly. Familiarizing yourself with our company and capabilities will save you time and money in the beginning of your disaster.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (216) 221-3333
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.