IICRC Certified Firm
Our SERVPRO Team is IICRC Certified!
SERVPRO of The North Coast is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) create the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of The North Coast
SERVPRO of The North Coast specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Common Causes of Water Damage in Commercial Buildings
This flooded building was caused by a broken pipe.
Unexpected flooding in commercial buildings can happen very quickly, especially if there is no one on site to access the problem. What starts out as a small water leak can instantly turn into something larger, and cause significantly more damage than expected. If your commercial building isn’t in pristine condition, there is a much higher chance of water damage occurring. Here are some of the typical causes of water damage in a commercial building:
- Broken Pipes. Broken or cracked pipes are very common to occur in commercial buildings, especially as they age. When a pipe bursts, water rushes out of them, spraying throughout the whole building. A busted pipe can cause damage to the walls, ceilings, flooring, and any other contents you have occupying that space.
- Malfunctioning Sprinklers. It is a law that all commercial properties are equipped with an overhead sprinkler system. It works in conjunction with the fire alarm, and is activated when the fire alarm goes off. This causes water damage in two ways. First, if there is a fire in the building, the smoke will set off the fire alarms, activating the sprinklers causing water damage. And second, if the sprinkler system malfunctions and activates on its own, causing the water to cover the entire building.
- Backed Up Sewer Lines. Bathrooms are another common source of possible problems. Sewer lines can get backed up, releasing water into the building. This type of water damage is extremely dangerous because the water is filled hazardous waste and other contaminants.
- Damaged Appliances. Almost every office building has a kitchen or break room. Typically these rooms have a refrigerator or a dishwasher and when these appliances malfunction they can leak a significant amount of water, flooding entire room or more.
Ahh! My Pipes Are Frozen!!
Cold temperatures can lead to frozen pipes, that's why our SERVPRO Team is always here to help!
The cold temperatures in Cleveland can lead to a number of problems for local homeowners. One of which may include frozen pipes. A hard freeze can even lead to broken pipes or water damage in your home. Here are some things you may want to know about what to expect when your pipes freeze.
What To Do When Pipes Freeze
If you have a frozen pipe in your home there are a few things you can do
- Call a professional, like SERVPRO for help
- Keep your pipes open so the water has a place to go when thawed
- Apply gentle heat, like a hot towel or blow dryer, to the frozen area of the pipe
Why Pipes Freeze
During a hard freeze the temperature outdoors can drop so low that the cold can permeate the pipes. Any water inside will then expand. If there is not enough room inside the pipes, then the pressure can cause cracks which will lead to leaks when the water thaws. A water damage professional can help with repairs to your home if the leak causes damage.
Preventing Frozen Pipes
Fortunately, there are a few prevention steps you can take to prevent the freezing of your pipes and subsequent water damage. These steps include draining the water from pipes that may freeze such as a sprinkler line, and disconnecting any hoses from your home. You may also want to close any indoor valves that supply water to outdoor lines. If the weather is especially cold you may want to let your faucets drip a little as moving water is less likely to freeze. It’s also a good idea to keep your home’s temperature above 55 degrees.
When a hard freeze occurs, the water in your pipes can freeze and cause some damage to your home. A professional can help with any repairs and cleanup you may need. If you know that the temperature is likely to get to freezing point, you may be able to take some steps to protect your pipes.
Cleaning Smoked Damaged Homes
Here is an example of soot covering the entirety of this room due to a fire.
What goes into a Fire Cleaning and Restoration Project?
Projects vary based on a variety of factors such as:
- Size and scope of the damage
- Source of the fire
- Odor level
- Type of materials affected
To get a good idea of what is necessary for your particular situation it is best to give us a call and schedule a free inspection and estimate to determine what processes are best suited to restore your home. Typically many of our fire restoration projects include:
- Board Up
- Dry cleaning with a sponge or HEPA vacuum
- Wet cleaning with solutions or enzymes
- Ozone treatment for odor
- Thermal for odor
- Content pack-out for off site cleaning (more severe fire damage situation)
- Duct cleaning
Our SERVPRO of The North Coast Team deals with fires all year around and we are ready to help you take back your home after fire. Make sure you review these fire damage tips and give us a call today for an inspection today at 216-221-3333!
Our SERVPRO Team Gives You A Five Star Experience Every Time!
Our goal is to go above and beyond for each and every one of our customers!
Guess who’s one of the most highly recommended restoration company in the Cleveland area? That’s right, it’s us! We don’t need to toot our own horn, because we’ve got over 100 reviews to do that for us. We are really proud of them, because we’ve worked really hard to make sure each and every one of those reviews is well earned. Our SERVPRO of The North Coast Team strives hard to make sure every one of our customers has a five-star experience, no matter the size or type of job. Whether it’s a fire or a water loss, whether it’s a home or a commercial building. We want you to have the same experience no matter what, and if you aren’t happy, we aren’t happy! We want to make it right every time and ensure that you receive the same care and compassion that everyone else has.
Give our SERVPRO Team a call today at 216-221-3333!
Our SERVPRO Team Takes Pride In Customer Service
Our SERVPRO Team is dedicated to providing the best possible customer service.
If you ever wonder what makes the difference between all of the contractors you can choose from, the answer is simple. It’s customer service! Here at SERVPRO of The North Coast we strive to make every job the quickest and best quality that it can be. This picture is just a quick before and after photo of the small carpet patch to a much larger job. This is an example of the careful and attention to details that our project managers pour into your projects. Next time if you ever ask the question: Why SERVPRO? It’s because we care about every little detail of our work and your property. We personally work with you through every step of the way during this stressful time. Our SERVPRO Corporate office has a 1-4-8 requirement for all SERVPRO jobs. Which means we must contact the customer within one hour, be on site within 4 hours and have the estimate to the adjuster in 8 business hours. Our goal is to help minimize the interruption to your life and quickly make it "Like it never even happened."
What To Expect After A Fire
Our SERVPRO Team can help you after a fire!
A fire damage event is difficult for the home or business owner on many levels, and the restoration process that follows can be intimidating. Each fire event is a little different, and each will require a unique solution, although the overall general process stays the same. The steps we are listing below will illustrate the SERVPRO process for the average fire damage emergency.
- Emergency Contact. Your restoration process begins the moment that you contact us. Our representative will ask you questions regarding the fire damage event that will help us to respond with the appropriate equipment and resources for your particular situation.
- Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment. Our team will carefully inspect and test all the adjoining rooms of your home or business to determine the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage. This step is vital to us, allowing us to develop the perfect plan of action for your property.
- Immediate Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service. Fire damage will often compromise the condition of windows, walls, and roofing. To maintain security and to protect against further damage, we will board up missing windows and walls, and place tarps on damaged areas of the roof.
- Water Removal and Drying. If water damage is present, the water removal process will begin almost immediately, with the goal of removing the majority of the water. Our team will then employ dehumidifiers and air movers to remove any remaining water and complete the drying process.
- Removal of Smoke and Soot From All Surfaces. SERVPRO uses specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and all other surfaces.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing. We clean, sanitize, and disinfect all of the restorable items and structures that were damaged by the fire. Our team uses a variety of cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to the condition they were in before the fire. We are also trained to remove lingering odors, using industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
- Restoration. This is the final step - getting your home or business back to its pre-fire condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, installing new carpet, or painting surfaces, or it may entail major repairs, such as the reconstruction of various rooms or areas.
Here at SERVPRO of The North Coast, we are here to help if your Cleveland home or business suffers from damage due to a fire.
Why Choose A Team Who Is IICRC Certified?
With the proper training, our SERVPRO Team sets themselves apart to serve you!
SERVPRO of The North Coast is proud to be an IICRC certified firm. IICRC, or the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification, is a non-profit organization for the cleaning and restoration industry. The goal of the IICRC is to establish and advance globally recognized standards and certifications for the inspection, cleaning, and restoration and installation industries. To accomplish this goal, the IICRC sets standards and certifications for inspection, cleaning, and restoration. The IICRC ensures that when consumers hire a certified firm or technician that they have hired experts who will provide reasonable assurance that work will be completed in accordance with the industry's "standard of care." The technicians of SERVPRO of The North Coast sets themselves apart through training, experience, and comprehensive examination.
For more information about the IICRC, please visit https://www.IICRC.org/.
Our SERVPRO Team Can Take Care Of Your Hazardous Jobs
Our SERVPRO of The North Coast team is highly trained to handle all of your bio-hazard needs.
SERVPRO of The North Coast professionals are trained to safely and effectively removed bio-hazardous substances and prepare waste for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA, along with state and local health regulations. We are equipped with the necessary safety equipment and cleaning products, our team can help turn unsafe environments into clean, safe homes, and offices.
SERVPRO professionals remove and dispose of bodily fluids, tissue, and other potentially pathogenic substances resulting from accident, trauma, crime, or death. Trained SERVPRO technicians thoroughly clean, disinfect, and deodorize the structure.
Crime Scene Residues
From fingerprint powder and evidence-gathering chemicals to tear gas and pepper spray residues, SERVPRO professionals can clean and restore your property and contents.
Arson and Vandalism
SERVPRO professionals are recognized as leaders at helping property owners recover quickly from fire and water damage. SERVPRO also provides general cleaning and deodorization services for situations resulting from vandalism including graffiti, egg, spoiled foods, and human or animal waste.
Sewage backups and black water intrusions are more than nasty, smelly deposits- these damages also introduce harmful microorganisms into a structure. SERVPRO of The North Coast professionals remove the sewage, contaminants and moisture, disinfecting as they clean. Our SERVPRO team help ensure the structure is properly cleaned, disinfected, and deodorized.
Handling Fire Damage In Your Cleveland Home
Our SERVPRO Team has the knowledge and tools to restore your home after a fire.
You may think that your Cleveland home is not vulnerable to a fire, but evidence shows that unexpected home fires can happen very quickly and when you least expect it. A kitchen grease fire or an electrical short can damage your home in just a few minutes. Very often, the fire burns in only one section of the house, but the smoke travels farther out than where the source of the fire is. However, even the smallest of fires require professional attention.
Here at SERVPRO of The North Coast, we specialize in fire restoration services for Cleveland homeowners. We coordinate the repairs and continually communicate with your insurance adjusters to make your restoration process as easy as possible. Our SERVPRO Team is available around the clock to minimize the time in which your home and its contents continue to absorb soot, smoke, and any extinguishing agents used to put out the fire.
Call Your Local Fire Restoration Team to Restore Your Home in Cleveland
We recommend you let our SERVPRO team take a look at the damage in your home. It is best to have our knowledgeable team use the latest technology available in our field to inspect your home. Using tools such as hygrometers and infrared camera imagery, we can detect where water might be hiding in places such as subfloors and within wall cavities. Similarly, we inspect your ventilation system and follow the smoke path to determine how to mitigate the odor it left behind. This thorough assessment focuses on protecting you from developing an environment where your home or health could be compromised. Among the actions we can take to remove traces of the fire we include the following:
- Use thermal foggers or hydroxyl generators to combat the pungent smell
- Discard items, particularly porous textiles that might pose a danger to your health. Upholstery and carpets are especially vulnerable to being damaged beyond repair
- Application of industrial-strength cleaning agents to remove stains and soot throughout your home